I believe in you. When you choose to work with me as a therapist, teacher, or coach, this is what you will come to know about me. My own personal experience and the experience of working with others over the years has taught me that we all have the capacity to change and grow, when we wish to do so. I’m here to support you in that process of self-discovery and lead you to greater awareness of who you are and acceptance of yourself. I take a holistic approach to my work with clients as I do believe in a mind-body connection, and research supports this theory.
I am also a wife, mother, step-mother, daughter, sister, leader, colleague, and friend. I think it is important to mention this so that you know I have personal experience navigating a variety of relationships. All relationships include joy and conflict, and I hope to help you in your own.
Finally, I have lived in and traveled various parts of the world and bring cultural awareness to my work. I enjoy time spent with family and friends, the outdoors, traveling, running, yoga, reading and cooking.
My professional credentials include:
- Licensed psychotherapist in Illinois with 10+ years of experience in the field
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, Counseling, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Internship and post-master’s training at Live Oak and Chicago Counseling Associates in Client-Centered Therapy
- Member of Illinois Mental Health Counselors and American Counseling Association
- 20+ years of experience as a corporate HR executive in Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles offices, and work in global offices such as London and Shenzhen where I led teams, created development programs, and mentored leadership and employees
- Certified coach from Coach for Life; Personal Leadership & Success executive program graduate, Columbia University
- Basic coursework in improv and acting at the Green Room Studio and The Second City in Chicago
- Hogan Assessment Certification, 2013
- 10+ years of study and daily practice of Vedic meditation, which culminated in a 3-month intensive teacher training program in Rishikesh, India in 2014